Vitamin D is a key to success. It is also known as Sunshine vitamin, because it can be produced in the body with mild sun exposure or consumed in supplements of various food items. It can affects as many as 2000 genes in the body. There are many health benefits of vitamin D.
Vitamin D has various important functions. The most important is regulation the absorption of calcium and phosphorus and facilitating normal immune system function. Taking a sufficient amount of Vitamin D is important for the growth and development of teeth and bones.
If there is a deficiency of vitamin D in your body, you are a risk of developing bone abnormalities such as osteoporosis or osteomalacia. Food that contain Vitamin D such as Egg yolk, yogurt, milk, orange juice, fish (salmon, tuna), cereal, shrimp, cheese and other dairy products.
- It supports the health of immune system, nervous system and brain.
- It helps to maintain the health of bones and teeth.
- It helps to maintain aid diabetes and regulate insulin levels.
- It supports cardiovascular health and lung functions.
- It influence the expression of genes tangled in cancer development.
- It improves muscle functions
- Vitamin supplementation can help lower blood pressure in patients with hypertension.
According to Dr. Kunal Patel, Some other Benefits of Vitamin D are that it helps in reducing the risk of multiple sclerosis, Vitamin D also decreases the chance of developing heart diseases, it reduces the risk of developing the Flu.
For more information, book an appointment with Dr. Patel- best orthopedic doctor in Mumbai. You can call him on given numbers below. You can also leave your comment in a comment box below.
Call @ +91-(22)-2805 3021.