What are knee arthritis and its types?
Arthritis is a joint disorder featuring infection. A joint is an area of the body where two bones come together. There are three different types of arthritis that can be appearing in your knees. The most common type is OA (Osteoarthritis); it is a continuous condition that slowly wears and tears away joint cartilage. Osteoarthritis is most likely to occur after middle age.
What causes of knee Arthritis?
The causes of arthritis depend on the type of arthritis. There are many causes of arthritis of knee some of these are given below:
- Age: the ability of cartilage to repair decrease as a person gets older.
- Weight: weight increases the pressure on all the joints, especially on the knees.
- Heredity: this contains genetic mutation that might make a person more likely to evolve osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Repetitive stress injuries: people with some occupation that include a lot of activities that can stress the joint, like squatting, kneeling and weight lifting are more common to develop OA of the knee.
What are the symptoms of Knee Arthritis?
Symptoms of the knee Osteoarthritis are explained below:
- Swelling on the knee.
- Stiffness in the knee in the morning or when you have been sitting for some time. read more…